MBA for photographers and designers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kat.hayes, Nov 23, 2013.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I'm curious to hear what photographers and designers think of using a new MBA with regards to screen resolution and color reproduction. Are you able to work with the quality of the screen?

Thanks.

2. stayley macrumors member

I have never worked with photos, but overall the screen on the MBA is quite awful given current industry standards and if photo editing was my primary reason for buying a new laptop I'd never go with the MBA. If it's bad for me and I'm rather ignorant as far as photo-editing goes, then I imagine it must be for anyone who can actually tell two shades of red apart.

But, of course, let someone experienced contribute. I'm just letting my frustrations out :)

3. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. jmthigpen macrumors regular

most professional photo/video folks would advise against the MBA for a photo editing rig. For on the road use it is fine, but you need a better panel if you plan to make a business or want your edited photos to look the best they can after editing. Always calibrate any display you use to edit photos. I think the best mobile photo editing rig at the moment would be a 13" rMBP + Thunderbolt Display.