MBA Gets Really Hot When Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NikkiAngel, May 13, 2019.

1. NikkiAngel macrumors member

NikkiAngel

The area that is right above the F keys gets really hot, and I can feel heat radiating from all of the F keys.

It's so hot that I can't rest my fingers there for long. My MBA is brand new, I haven't even had it a week yet. Is this normal?

It only happens when I'm charging it. I assume that the battery is right under the top of the keyboard?

Thanks.

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

The battery is under the trackpad and Palm rest area. The main logic board is below the keyboard.

Which MacBook Air do you have?

3. NikkiAngel thread starter macrumors member

NikkiAngel

2018 13inch.

4. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

The air exhaust is located near the screen hinges. I'm not sure why it would get so hot but it's not normal.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Call Apple ASAP. Your computer shouldn't be doing that as the MBA runs on a low power processor

6. NikkiAngel thread starter macrumors member

NikkiAngel

I will definitely call Apple, and I'm noticing that Outlook is making my MBA run super hot, with the fans running constantly. Its running the CPU anywhere from 66% to 186%. Today is the first day that I opened outlook and connected my email, so it's not related to the issue of it running hot while charging.

Could it be that its just indexing my Outlook and I should give it some time to update everything? I have about 4 other emails to link to outlook, and now I'm not sure I should do it.