Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cassim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Hallo all. :apple:

I will like to ask you this.
Im going to buy a 2013 module of the MBA when it gets out, and just wanted to quickly ask you this. (looking on a 2012 module as the 2013 is not out yet ofc)

• What is the spec of the SSD in the MBA ?
  • What is the spec on the RAM in the MBA ?
  • Is their any Cost/effect on upgrading the SSD/RAM after buying the MBA ?

I ask this as i live in Denmark, a Apple U country (a standard MBA cost in US 999$ here it cost 1343$) I wanted to know this to better find the Cost/effect on the MBA, before buying it, as i am thinking to change the hardware after buying to something better.

The perfect MBA looks like this
8GB RAM
min 128GB SSD with min 500/500 R/W

Hope your able to help me on this part.

Thanks for your time. !

Edit: im getting the 13" MBA

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
The only part you can change on the Air after you bought it is the SSD, RAM is soldered.

Oh, and don't compare US with EU prices, US prices are quoted without tax, and there are plenty of reasons why it is more expensive in Europe, for instance higher import and sales tax, much better health care system (Yes, this makes a difference), different laws and so on.

cassim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Oh, and don't compare US with EU prices, US prices are quoted without tax, and there are plenty of reasons why it is more expensive in Europe, for instance higher import and sales tax, much better health care system (Yes, this makes a difference), different laws and so on.

That was more to indecate the reason for this post. :)

The only part you can change on the Air after you bought it is the SSD, RAM is soldered.

Lets hope this works out as well in the 2013 model.
Do you know the speed of the SSD ?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
That was more to indecate the reason for this post. :)

Lets hope this works out as well in the 2013 model.
Do you know the speed of the SSD ?

Sorry, I don't know but Apple seems to use fairly fast and reliable SSD's.
Might even be MLC SSD.

I buy my Apple stuff while I am outside of Europe, makes a hell of a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.