MBA + iPT synergy coming?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wrldwzrd89, Jun 6, 2008.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but the iPod touch's capacity is getting close to that of the MacBook Air's SSD... considering the drastic price difference between the two, this suggests to me a coming synergy that will drastically reduce the cost to Apple for the 64GB SSD - enough to cut the price for that option by 3/4, and include 64GB in the iPod touch for a reasonable price very soon. Remember economies of scale? If my theory turns out to be true, Apple will be buying a heck of a lot more high-end Flash-based storage in the coming months and years. This, combined with the reduction in prices in the Flash market as a whole, will be good news for everyone, Apple and us included.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Isn't the iPT Flash considerably cheaper? A laptop hard drive has to take millions of writes. I think the SSD is also a great deal faster. I could be wrong, but I think that you are comparing er... Apples and Oranges.

3. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Listen up everyone. Solid State Drives are the devil... Al Gore said so.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, this is correct. None of the iPods use SSDs, rather they use flash chips. There's a difference between the two.

5. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yarg, you guys are right... oh well. It was a good try. :eek::p