MBA issue...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Chuchichan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I purchased an MBA 13" a few months ago with Apple Care. About a week ago it would not start up. I noticed that the small light on the MagSafe power supply did not light up at all (no green or orange). So, I contacted Apple and they organized to send me a replacement.

A day after placing the order and while waiting for it to arrive, the power supply came back to life. The battery was drained when it came back to life.

I accepted the new power supply and returned the old one. But, I am concerned now that there still is a problem possibly on the MBA itself. Perhaps there is a loose connection?

Has anyone experienced this or heard about this type of issue?

I should mention that prior to this happening I went on vacation and unplugged and power downed the MBA. I wasn't there when it was initially restarted, but soon afterwards my wife reported to me over the phone that it no longer started up. When I returned to have a look I noticed that the power supply was not lighting up. I tried different outlets and also tried unplugging and replugging it. This didn't work. But, now that I think of it, when it did come back to life, I did unplug the power supply perhaps for a longer duration than on previous attempts...

Thanks in advance for any insight or help....

2. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I had a similar problem with my original MacBook PS. About a month after I got it the PS didn't light up or provide any power to the computer. I brought it into my local store and they swapped it on the spot. I never had a problem after that until the infamous Seagate drive recall.

I think you should be fine with the new PS. If you have a friend with a MBA you could try swapping PSUs for a while and see if any problems arise for either of you.

3. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I'll see how it goes with this new power supply. I don't know anyone close by with the same PS.

4. Applefan17 macrumors member

Yeah,

I would just try the new PS but if that doesn't work Apple should have no problem with providing service for the MBA if it is indeed a computer issue