MBA LCD's -- Is Rev A better than Rev B?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hooper2, Nov 19, 2008.

1. hooper2 macrumors member

Just seeing so much about the display issues on the Rev B MBA...

I was wondering if anyone thinks the Rev A display is better than the Rev B (the ones w/o the lines issues).

Or are they pretty much the same?

2. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

3. jackfrost123 macrumors 6502

Is There a reason they might have downgraded the quality?

4. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

It's Apple. They did it with the iMac's LCD when it went to aluminum. And again in terms of the processing speed of the new Macbooks. ...And with the integrated graphics cards used in their laptops and desktops, after coming from weak (but better) dedicated cards.

Oh, and they raised the price points for entry level systems to all three. :apple:

5. EnderTW macrumors 6502

The MBA screen is definitely the best 13 inch screen I have seen. I have Rev 1. I wouldn't imagine Apple downgrading their rev 2 screen.

I don't understand why the new macbooks use the same horrible screen from the old macbooks. After 1 week I returned it, loved the computer, hated the screen.

I absolutely love the OS, if I didn't I would of bought a Sony TT.

6. Molopo macrumors regular

I don't think it's really a downgrade as much as it is an extreme lack of quality control and probably a newer, buggier LCD model.

7. kabunaru Guest

To save money for themselves. Apple is greedy.

8. eba macrumors regular

Not sure how they compare. I would just note that the demand for LED screens is greater from all manufacturers today than it was when rev A was released - which may affect overall quality.