Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Can someone please tell me how to copy and paste from iPhone 15 Pro to MBA M2
I have my 15 Pro logged into the same iCloud email and my Airdrop on but it doesn't seem to work.

ab22

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2020
Anything missing from the requirements below ?.

Copy and paste between devices from your Mac​

With Universal Clipboard, you can copy text, images, photos, and videos on one Apple device and then paste the content on another Apple device. For example, you can copy a recipe from your Mac and paste it into a note on your nearby iPhone. Or copy a file from one Mac to paste in a folder on another Mac.

Note: To use Universal Clipboard, your Apple devices must meet Continuitysystem requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and Handoff turned on in System Settings (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  • Copy on a device: Select the content you want to copy, then copy it. For example, on your Mac, press Command-C or choose Edit > Copy.
    The copied content is available to paste on your other devices only for a short time.
  • Paste on a device: Position the pointer where you want to paste the content, then paste it. For example, on your iPad, double-tap, then choose Paste from the options.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Anything missing from the requirements below ?.

Copy and paste between devices from your Mac​

With Universal Clipboard, you can copy text, images, photos, and videos on one Apple device and then paste the content on another Apple device. For example, you can copy a recipe from your Mac and paste it into a note on your nearby iPhone. Or copy a file from one Mac to paste in a folder on another Mac.

Note: To use Universal Clipboard, your Apple devices must meet Continuitysystem requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and Handoff turned on in System Settings (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  • Copy on a device: Select the content you want to copy, then copy it. For example, on your Mac, press Command-C or choose Edit > Copy.
    The copied content is available to paste on your other devices only for a short time.
  • Paste on a device: Position the pointer where you want to paste the content, then paste it. For example, on your iPad, double-tap, then choose Paste from the options.
Still not working
I'm trying to copy text from a picture and paste the text on Quizlet and notes but nothing happened.

ab22

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2020
Still not working
I'm trying to copy text from a picture and paste the text on Quizlet and notes but nothing happened.
Does pasting the same thing into Notes on the iPhone work ?.

What about copying text direct - rather than from an image ?.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Does pasting the same thing into Notes on the iPhone work ?.

What about copying text direct - rather than from an image ?.
So far it's not working. I copied text from notes on my 15 pro and right-clicked save on my MBA m2 and nothing happened.
I'm logged into the same account.
As of right now, my iCloud is full 5GB will that matter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.