MBA Mail App - Why Such a Strain on the Eyes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BeeS4335, Jun 30, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

I typically use Times New Roman 12 font to compose emails. However, on my Mail app this appears very small and a strain on the eyes after a while. I cannot find a way to "zoom" e.g. by the 2-finger spread technique that seems to work on just about everything else. I am having to draft in larger font to see comfortably, then reduce the font to send. Am I missing something obvious? The "problem" is only on the composition screen. Once the message has gone, and similarly with received messages, I can increase the viewing size -- simply not when I'm composing/drafting. Grateful for advice.

2. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Interesting. At first I thought you were saying that Mail outgoing messages look too small on the MBA. I see that you are just saying that the two finger stretch, which works in other mail areas, does not work when composing.

That does seem odd. Maybe it is so that you see what you are sending. In other words, once a message has been sent or received, it is an existing document that can be resized for easier viewing. If you resized a message in the process of being composed, you would have a false sense of what it will look like to the recipient.

I guess you could change the standard message font to a larger size, knowing the recipient will get the larger size as well.