Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisOs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Hey guys,

I just bought a MBA 13" I5 3 weeks ago and experienced a significant drop in battery health. I started with 98% according to Coconut and IStat which was strange to beginn with but then it went down to 93% and is now at a constant 95%.
I tried recalibrating it twice but it doesn't really help.
Furthermore Coconut says my battery is already 28 weeks old which also makes me wonder...
Anybody experiencing similar battery health/age?

TheRealHershey

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I just bought a MBA 13" I5 3 weeks ago and experienced a significant drop in battery health. I started with 98% according to Coconut and IStat which was strange to beginn with but then it went down to 93% and is now at a constant 95%.
Furthermore Coconut says my battery is already 28 weeks old which also makes me wonder...

Similar. Back up to 97% at the moment, but was down to 95% the other day; this is better than my MBP was doing at the same age (it was down to 89% within the first month).

Mine also says 28 weeks old. Makes me wonder when they built these...Haha.

ChrisOs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Similar. Back up to 97% at the moment, but was down to 95% the other day; this is better than my MBP was doing at the same age (it was down to 89% within the first month).

Haha I think they gave us the leftovers from the 2010 MBA! Will you do something about it?
An apple salesclerk told me the other day that battery health should actually be around 100% +-1% after such a short period of use and in my case 10 cycles.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Since Apple has some pretty clear rules on battery replacement I think you will just have to live with it (unless you are in your 14 day period).

You're still in the 90's and well...that's not really much of an issue.

coopiklaani

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
UK

Do you usually calibrate it? My MBP battery heath dropped to 82% after 120+ cycles and went back to 90% after a calibaration.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey guys,

It's perfectly normal for your battery health to fluctuate up and down over time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.