MBA mid 2012 is my first Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by john556, Oct 14, 2012.

1. john556 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm new to macs. I just recently purchased my first mac which is a 13 MBA with 4GB and a 1.8 i5. I am completely blown away with this machine. I never thought it would do so much. I can't even count how many PC laptops/notebooks I have had over the years, and none of them have been so well designed or built. I'm sure I will have some issue at some point, but over the last 2 weeks, I can't think of a single problem related to it. Even have Parallels 8 running win8 on the side for office apps, and it still is just as smooth. I know I sound like a fan boy, but this thing just works.

Anyway, just ranting a little about it.

Thanks for reading.
    John

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Congrats on your purchase and glad you're happy with it. Also, welcome to Macrumors.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sounds iike ur ready for the first monkey wrench. Make sure ur Mac is LEVEL.

4. john556 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it has the micro wobble, but if that is the only problem, I'll be happy for at least until the next gen comes.

5. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

Congrats. I've had my MBA 13" for a week and I'm liking it quite a bit.

6. Orderbychaos macrumors newbie

Orderbychaos

I just got my first Mac as well. It's a 2012 MBA. I completely love this thing.. Been trying to overcome the fear of handling it too much. So scared I'm gonna drop or scratch it...lol but hasn't been that bad lately. Gonna research some nice apps to go along with my new MBA. But mine doesn't have the wobble thank god!!!

7. Appelschil macrumors newbie

i also got my mba for a week now, so much faster than my previous prehistory windows laptop haha! best buy of the year :D

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Anything new is going feel fast, just give it a couple of years, when u got it stuffed with new and improved apps (new=more bloated) then a quad-core won't seem enough!

-Mr. KillJoy.