Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

mba no brightness and low volume

GameFreak348

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
hi,

specs

macbook 2014 13"
i7 4650U
256GB SSD
8GB DDR3
8.1 Pro Genuine.

My display was bright, suddenly it went darker, and when i tried to get it up it was the maximum, tf?
Really low volume, i can put max on everything i can barely hear anything. I downloaded the realtec drivers but it didnt work, maybe i downloaded the wrong one?

All windows updates etc are installed

pls help <3

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Our actions define our legacy
My display was bright, suddenly it went darker, and when i tried to get it up it was the maximum, tf?

It could be a dead inverter. Is there any other OS you can boot into?

Also, did you use the bootcamp drivers? They should be on the Mac OS X DVD that came with your MacBook.

Windows Updates won't do a lot, most are just security updates.

Comment

GameFreak348

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
It could be a dead inverter. Is there any other OS you can boot into?

Also, did you use the bootcamp drivers? They should be on the Mac OS X DVD that came with your MacBook.

Windows Updates won't do a lot, most are just security updates.

Yes I also installed the drivers which Bootcamp downloaded on the usb stick. it doesnt work. This isnt even the first time I installed windows on a macbook, I did this like 8 times atleast. but this time its a bit weird

Comment

GameFreak348

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
Does changing screen brightness and sound work in OS X? If it works, then you probably have a faulty copy of Windows.

PS - don't bother using the downloaded BC drivers. Use the 5640 drivers here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1721?locale=en_US
It cant be a faulty copy of windows, its an original one, it worked on my retina macbook pro 4 months ago, i switched to the macbook air, used windows 7, deleted it, whiped everything, now installed 8.1 pro and i have this problem.. im gonna try the drivers now thank you

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.