MBA: Now or Post-10.8?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by freeflowme, Jul 2, 2012.

  1. freeflowme macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    #1
    Hey all,

    Longtime reader; first-time poster. My question was brought about because my wife's old MacBook got water in it and Apple quoted us a cost of ~$750 to fix it, so here we are. I really don't know the first thing about computers (wish I did), and OSs are no exception. In particular, we've been looking at the MBA, as it is now Apple's entry-level notebook, but I've been wondering whether it's better to purchase now and get 10.7.4 or whatever the current iteration is, or wait until 10.8 drops later this month (this month, right?). My most pressing question is: will the specs of the MBA change, or will it be functionally the same computer, just with a new OS?

    Thanks in advance!
     
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #2
    Nothing about the computer will change in the next month. Only the operating system software will be upgraded. If you buy now, you'll get a free upgrade when ML comes out. There's no need to wait.

    OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date Program
     

Share This Page