MBA or MBP purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bxjagal, Feb 23, 2014.

1. bxjagal macrumors newbie

I would like to know if ether the MBA or rMBP are upgradable?And if so what can be upgraded?

-I am looking to purchase either one in the following week and would love yo know if i can upgrade down the line if i chose to.

2. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The upgrades are quite expensive. OWC is the only one I know of that carries them, due to these being non-standard drive types. Both the mba and rmbp have been out for years. If there was a significant market for them, you would have seen more after-market options by now.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The best course of action for both is to spec the soldered components at time of purchase.

If you want extra RAM, with these you have to pay Apples prices....an SSD of the highest capacity ( I have a 13" rMBP with the 500GB SSD in it) is also something I'd buy at purchase time.

Of the two, I'd go with the rMBP...

5. bxjagal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks everyone! your input really helped me. I just purchased the mid 13" rMBP. I'm extremely happy and cant wait to play on it :D

6. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Good choice, the general consensus is that model offers the best bang for your buck.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

All things being equal, this is the better machine imo. Good luck and enjoy your new baby :)