MBA or Retina MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Epic Xbox Revie, Jun 13, 2012.

?

What's best? Read below first.

  1. Option 1

    8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Option 2

    2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Option 3

    2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Option 4

    4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

    Epic Xbox Revie

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Washington, D.C.
    #1
    Hey. Figured I'd see what other people thought before I decide...

    Current setup:
    Macbook Air 2011 1.6 i5, 4GB, 128GB
    Thunderbolt Display
    iPad 4G Verizon 16GB

    Options:
    1. Keep everything and live happily ever after.
    2. Sell the above three things and buy a Retina MBP.
    3. Sell the iPad.
    4. Option 3, and upgrade the MBA to the new model, perhaps 8GB RAM, perhaps 256GB and keep the Thunderbolt Display.
     
  2. RedCroissant Suspended

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2011
    #2
    Definitely option #1 you have the latest model Air, and the best external display out there with the retina iPad. Getting rid of all or most of that just to wait more than a month to get the new retina MBP would be kind of crazy.
     
  3. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Epic Xbox Revie

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Washington, D.C.
    #3
    I would keep it all until I had the new MBP or MBA. And I should note, I've used my iPad twice in 3 weeks.
     
  4. tejagamer macrumors member

    tejagamer

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    #4
    Sell your iPad if you need some cash.
    I Suggest you to better keep your hardware. Upgrade in Fall, when we can expect some good upgrade or when 8GB RAM will be default.
    Your current MBA Can last till Spring next Year. So no issue.
     
  5. wmage macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2012
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #5
    Definitely not 2.

    Would you exchange 27 inch display for 15 inch, just because ohh, Retina, ohh?

    Definitely sell the iPad.

    If Air is enough for your work then keep it. If not, sell it and buy Pro.
     
  6. snapper64 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    #6
    Sell the iPad if you're not using it. If you don't need the money for anything else, I'd upgrade the Air. The performance increase (especially from the SSD) will be significant.
     
  7. danetello macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2010
    Location:
    London, UK
    #7
    I would say keep everything you have at the moment
     
  8. jmcguckin macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2008
    Location:
    Akron, OH
    #8
    from what you've said, you aren't getting much use out of the iPad compared to your other devices. my vote is to sell the iPad and your old MBA, upgrade to the new Air and call it a day (since from the posted Geekbench scores, you'd see a pretty significant boost in performance and graphics with the new Air in comparison to your current version).
     

Share This Page