MBA owners, does the silver bezel bother you?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by OceanView, Jun 11, 2013.

1. OceanView macrumors 65816

I'm this close to buying the new 13" MBA but I really hate the silver bezel around the screen. I was hoping they would go with the black like the MBPs.
    Does this bother you?

2. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I prefer it to the black bezel, actually. Seems like opinions differ.

4. LogLady macrumors newbie

I prefer it too, no accidental fingerprints from adjusting the screen

5. shahrezsyed macrumors regular

I've used both the original white MacBook, the MacBook Pro (edge to edge glass) and now, the MacBook Air 13" 2011 i7 version...
    The MacBook Air is amazing. I'll tell you what made me doubt my decision on buying the air. I was told the bezel is distracting, MBP is more powerful, No optical drive, blah blah blah
    Unless you do video rendering a lot, Go for the plunge and get the Air. It will be the best computer purchase you'll make...

6. mdapple macrumors regular

not to seem blunt, but if ur posting about it, then it probably will bother you no matter how many other people aren't bothered by it….

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

8. LeeM macrumors 6502a

prefer the black of my pro to the silver of my air. you can get stickers for it though

9. SpoekGTi macrumors regular

No not at all, it makes it one piece and kinda makes you think that even the screen is part of the unibody.

I know it's personal, but i like the black bezels on the Pro's, but they are part of the glass of the screen so thats different anyhow.

It's the same as not liking the white bezel back in the days on the white MacBooks :p

10. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I also prefer the silver. I used to have the 13" MBP and the glossy black bezel was even more reflective than the screen. I actually like how the silver looks and it makes the screen feel less reflective than it is (which I like).

11. derohan macrumors member

derohan

I get quite distracted because of the silver depending on brightness levels, ambient lighting, and what I'm doing on the computer (browsing vs movies vs editing and so on)

Ordered one of these and I'm waitingggg :p

[​IMG]

12. PDFierro macrumors 68040

And I would prefer a rMBP over a MBA, but I wouldn't let my preference for a silver bezel stop me from buying a rMBP. Not every aspect of the design is going to be to your liking.

13. marvin4653 macrumors regular

I much prefer the silver bezel. The MacBook Air and Pro have these gorgeous aluminum bodies, which are then interrupted on the base Pro by a glossy black insert found nowhere else on the machine. The defining characteristic of Mac notebooks for the last six years has been their sleek aluminum bodies, and seeing a glossy black insert around the display made the machines lose this character mark and become less distinctive, more closely resembling the fungible PC notebooks which were and are traditionally black.

The MacBook Pros that are configured with the high-res antiglare display also have a silver bezel, so I've always associated the silver bezel with the laptops used by imaging and graphics professionals, whereas the glossy black bezel was found on the more commonly available 13" and 15" Pros with the base, glossy screens.

14. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Doesn't bother me at all. Thought never even crossed my mind until I saw this thread. ;)

15. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

i wouldn't mind if the bezel itself was smaller, but the color doesn't bother me

16. stillone macrumors member

Doesn't bother me at all. I actually prefer it mono color look of the Air.

17. TC25 macrumors 68020

How many replies are you looking for?

Will you count the number who are bothered by the silver bezel and those who are not, then decide to buy based on which gets the most votes?

Just trying to figure out what the purpose of this thread is.

Oh - I have a 2012 MBA13 and have owned a 2010 MBA11, which has a much larger silver bezel. Neither bothered me.

18. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I love it, looks much better next to my older Cinema Display! :)

19. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Haha, mine is sitting right next to my Cinema Display that must be 6 or 7 years old now. Now that you mention it, they really do look similar. I use the external screen all the time when I'm home. But on the road, I'm just happy to have a nice compact powerful computer and the last thing I think about is the bezel. I am looking at the screen itself.

20. 617aircav Suspended

If it bothered us we probably would not have bought it.

21. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Nope. Has the same color bezel as my beloved 12" Powerbook G4.

22. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

Uggggggly! For it and no retina mine gets sold and the VAIO Pro 11 will be ordered tomorrow.

23. sbojevets macrumors member

bothers the hell out of me so i got them stickers to make it black :cool: