MBA Price Drop

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gmerrrrr, Mar 6, 2013.

  1. gmerrrrr macrumors newbie

    Mar 6, 2013
    Well, I'm planning on trying to decide whether or not to wait to buy the MBA now or the new model that's projected to come out sometime in June. I really don't see the need for the new one, since the only changes are internal, and it's only supposed to be 20-40% faster. Speed isn't really that big of a deal, since I'm only going to be using this for college.

    My biggest question is, based on previous years, how much would you expect the price of the current MBA (the one I would buy this weekend) to drop and when pending the releasing of the MBA in June?

    Many thanks
  2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000


    Nov 15, 2012
    I don't think it would drop.
  3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    Last year, between a refurb 2011 and a 2012 11" same memory/storage, was exactly $100.
  4. gmerrrrr thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 6, 2013
    I actually just talked to an apple rep online and they said I'd have to wait for the current model to be moved to the refurb site before I could buy it with a discounted price.

    Any idea how long it takes before it would get to the refurb site?
  5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    Refurbs of course depends how many returns they are getting.

    Last year, the 2012 MBA was available in June, and middle Sept if I recall correctly was when 2012 refurb was seen on the Apple's site. I bought my 2011 refurb in Aug.
  6. gmerrrrr thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 6, 2013
    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
  7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Feb 6, 2009
    The current models are already on the refurb site for a pretty decent discount:
  8. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

    May 1, 2009
  9. konicky macrumors regular

    Mar 20, 2012
    Has there been an announcement that I missed or is this just speculation based on rumours?
  10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    The exact model I was looking at back in 9/12 was $929, now down to $849.

    I suppose the longer u wait, the cheaper is gets, but really no fire-sale, so buy what u can afford before the hardware gets obsolete.


    Has Apple EVER pre-announce what they gonna sell?
  11. elppa macrumors 68040


    Nov 26, 2003
    The general rule: if you're asking, wait for Haswell.

    It's not just performance - battery life will get a boost as well.

Share This Page