MBA Price Lowered?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by badtzmaru, Oct 20, 2008.

1. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

I was in NYC over the weekend and stopped by the Apple Store on 5th Avenue. One of the employees said the store dropped the price on the baseline MacBook Air and the SSD MacBook Air. I think he said the baseline was now $1499. I can't recall the SSD price but I believe it wasn't lower than $1999.

I asked if the price drop was at all Apple stores but he didn't know. So I called one of my locals in Virginia and they said they weren't doing it. Anyone know if this has happened elsewhere?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm guessing that was for the previous generation, not the updated ones that came out last week.

3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

The previous generation baseline MBA (Early 2008) is now $1,599 from Apple both in their retail stores and the online store for brand new leftover models. Best Buy is selling them for $1,399 right now however. The new generation baseline MBA (Late 2008) coming in early November will be priced at $1,799.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That sounds right to me. It strikes me that these prics are for the refurb models, but they are still an excellent buy. Refurbs come with Apple's warranty, are tried and tested and have a generous discount.

Cheers