MBA refurb or Wait for student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ooitsrich, Mar 5, 2011.

1. ooitsrich macrumors newbie

Hi all!

I just had a quick question. I am currently a senior in college and headed off to grad school in 5-6 months. I really am interested in getting a 13" MBA but I was just wondering would deal would be best for me? Buy a refurb, or wait for apple to do the ipod touch plus x dollars off the computer for education discount. I am looking into getting the 13" with the 1.86 and 4gb ram. Thanks for the help all!

Rich

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you can wait couple of months, then wait for the deal. Refurb isn't much cheaper than the normal edu discount anyway.

3. Patrick946 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I forgot about the free iPod promotion, thanks for the heads up. It looks like it usually starts around May or June, which is not long at all. If you plan to sell your iPod Touch for $200, it's a better deal than even buying refurbished. I'm going to hold off, and I recommend you do the same.

4. fireballer55 macrumors member

do the back to school deal. Sell the iPod and get more in savings.