MBA refurbished for sale timeline?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Golfer00ksu, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

How long do the refurbished models stay on the online apple store?

I would really like to take advantage, of what i think is a great deal after reading all the forums and what meet my needs.

I do own the aluminum mbp and iMac. So, I do not need the computer right away. I would like to see the possible netbook first. Do you all think the refurb mba will still be for sale in 3-4 months?

Thanks for the help.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Refurbished products are usually products that have been returned. So, as long as people keep buying the MBA and deciding against the purchase after the fact, you will likely see MBA refurbs for a while.

If there's a deal online now and you need a computer, there's not much point in waiting. However, if you don't need a replacement at this point, then waiting will only cost you time. Oh, and the netbook is still just a rumor, so you may end up waiting a long time. That could mean months of lost computing time, depending on your situation.

3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

But all those refurbished MBAs are original generation MBAs. They have been selling the new generation for five months. So, for five months they have been clearing out the original MBAs... I just don't know if that will continue in the long run.

In the long run, the revised MBAs should make it to the refurbished store. When those do, they will NOT be priced so low. Probably $1599 to $2199 ($1799 to $2499 new), but they are much different other than outward appearance.

So, want an original for cheap, I would say don't hold off too long. But that's just a guess. None of us know the Apple inventory levels on the original MBAs, but I just cannot believe they will continue to have a model that hasn't been sold new for five months.

Good luck.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

They'll have them until they are gone. Even white iMacs have reappeared every once in awhile. The huge cut in price to me means they have a lot in inventory.

5. Golfer00ksu thread starter macrumors regular

6. diman1881 macrumors newbie

I just ordered the refurbished (latest 2.4 GHz MD from the EPP Apple page for $1390) You should be able to find the new ones still (both MBs and MBPs are there)

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

DID U EVEN READ WHAT YOU QUOTED AND ANSWERED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

8. potdude macrumors member

This is the internet. Many people don't know how to read, use a computer, or navigate through web pages without needing help. What do you expect?

9. Golfer00ksu thread starter macrumors regular

NEW MBA instead?

Hi. thanks for the responses so far.

I ran across a new mba for $1500. It has the 120gb hd. The computer is new and i verified the serial number. It has limited warranty until dec. 21, 2009. Any thoughts. Do you all think the $500 is worth it for the newer model? I'm not doing anything too extensive with the machine. Safari, office, ilife..basic stuff. I know this same question is posted on many threads, just thought I would add to my thread because the previous post were helpful.