Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kepardue

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2006
I can't imagine Lion will require more then 2GB of RAM. Apple would be cutting off a huge chunk of their audience who bought Macbooks/Airs etc. (especially Airs which you can't add more RAM to). What's Snow Leopard require?

I suspect it's more a case of "what works" versus "what works well." Sure it'll be functional, perhaps even smooth, but put much load on it and you'll get frustrated. That was certainly my experience in working with a Mac Pro with 2GB of RAM in it. Threw in 4GB more and it was a totally different machine.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Absolutely correct.

Mac OS lion will run on 2GB ram, but will it be smooth with like 10 apps open? We will see.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
what do i do once i get a refurb MBA?

I just turned mine on, and I am using migration asst over wireless to get my applications and music on there - will take a few hours.
What do i need to check when i get it running?
Anything special?

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I suspect it's more a case of "what works" versus "what works well." Sure it'll be functional, perhaps even smooth, but put much load on it and you'll get frustrated. That was certainly my experience in working with a Mac Pro with 2GB of RAM in it. Threw in 4GB more and it was a totally different machine.

On my new Air now (which is screaming). I'm mostly an Internet/iTunes guy, so I'm not too concerned. I don't use any heavy programs besides Firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.