MBA Repair - scratched top case

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BadgerMac, Mar 8, 2009.

1. BadgerMac macrumors regular

Got my MBA back, and ironically the top of the machine came back scratched pretty deeply. WHen I picked it up I noticed it, they told me to call customer relations. Did so, talk to a gentlemen who asked me to send him pictures. Haven't heard back since. I'm going to try on Tuesday if I dont' hear back by EOB tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. econoline06 macrumors 6502

econoline06

Take it back man, my MacBook (plastic) was absolutely destroyed after their "repair job" at the local Apple store (Partridge Creek). They sent it off to the Apple repair facility to have the ENTIRE case replaced, but its been nearly 3 weeks now. I'm about to call corporate.

Do these losers TRY to mess up our Macs or something? You can't tell me they didn't notice that. Crap service people at these Apple stores.

3. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

That sucks. Make sure you don't give that store any repeat business.

4. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Apple employees are NOT any different from CC and BB employees. They have the worst repairs and I was :eek: past weekend when I saw one of the geniuses replace a HDD on a white MB while I was just waiting for my appointment. He treated the MB as crap and I am sure he scratched it in front of everyone without bothering to care!

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Customer Relations will make it right; they'll probably send you to the nearest Apple Store, so make sure you have the box and all the extras ready to go or they'll send you a new one priority overnight via FEDEX and you can ship your old scratched one back to them in the same shipper, just put the new shipping slip on top of the old one. Also, remember to do a backup on an external hard drive, that will speed up the process. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a new upgrade to a nice SSD Top-Of-The-Line! Keep us advised. Sorry to hear about your damaged MacBook Air...:(

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Just explain it to them and they'll probably give you a free replacement case or a brand new machine. Ask for an upgrade like the post above me said for your troubles.