MBA retail store configurations

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rodrigoluizb, Oct 19, 2013.

1. rodrigoluizb macrumors member

Hi guys

On feb i'm gonna spend some days in USA (i'm from Brazil) and i'm pretending to buy a MBA. But, the model i was looking for is the 13-inch 1.3GHz i5, 256GB and 8GB. This isn't the stock configuration, so i'm afraid that i won't find this model at NYC retail store. Anyone know if is possible i find this configuration at the retail, or i will be able to buy this model only online?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Local Apple store doesn't have 8GB unless you go for 13" ultimate (8gb/i7/512 SSD)..Typically they have base models and maxed out. IIRC they had 3 versions of 13" in stock..i could check again if you like...Don't know if the NYC stores carry more versions though..someone from NYC would have to check.

Depending on how long you're going to be in the U.S. you could order online and have it delivered to store to pick up.

3. rodrigoluizb thread starter macrumors member

I think i'm gonna buy at BH, they have a lot configured MBA available at NYC super store.

4. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

B&H stocks most if not all the configurations. Got my 11" i7/8gb/512gb MBA in the store there this summer. They were the only place in area with that model, none of the Apple Stores carried it.

It is worth a trip to B&H if you've never been just for the experience anyway. There really isn't anything else like it. :)

5. rodrigoluizb thread starter macrumors member

Oh, it's amazing hear that. Thanks a lot Boyd01!

6. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Not that it helps, but in the UK I think they stock everything except the i5/512/8 - the model I was going to, so ended up with the i7 instead :D