MBA Retina 14"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kai.Def, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Kai.Def macrumors newbie

Kai.Def

Just a wild guess of mine.

Since the air is likely to get the retina facelift (hopefully this year- killing off the mba 11" which is essentially the macbook retina size wise, probably killing the current mba's & cmbp 13") & speculation about the ipad pro 11.7" or so...

This would could then nicely fill the inch gaps throughout the product line ; 11" (ipad pro), 12" (mbr), 13" (mbpr), 14" (mbar), 15" (mbpr)

we shall see...., just my 2 cents :p

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I doubt it, the rMB is destined to replace the MBA. A 14" rMB, I suppose it's always possible.

3. newellj macrumors 601

That would be my guess as well.

4. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

My thoughts exactly- what we are assuming was replacing the 13 MBAir may actually be replacing the 11 MBAir, and the 13" might get replaced with a larger rMB. But just imagine if the 13" MBAir had the addition of Retina- even with everything else left as it is....wow I'd scramble to get one.

5. oldmacs, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

oldmacs macrumors 68040

I wish Apple would update the cmbp and the Airs. There is a market for all of their laptops. Macbook Airs would be the more general purpose laptops, the Macbook Retina as the portable model, the cMBP as the legacy model and the rMBP as the high end laptops.