Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
Just sat down tonight to look for some stuff online and while i have Safari Beta 4 running, only 4 tabs open, NO video, no flash anything running... SMC control is showing 80 to 83C and the fan max's out to 6200rpm?

Any idea's, this happens when I run full video's say Hulu, Netflix but has never been this warm/hot simply browsing forums. Any idea's?

Thanks.

Prometheus2000

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2008
Something is still alive

I have the same issue with my Rev. A. MBA sometimes. For example if I have watched a video on youtube, then close the safari window so its still running in the background (all windows closed, just that dot in the dock still on it) and after a while Safari would heat up the MBA and shows high CPU usage, even when nothing runs, no Flash etc. Just close safari properly with cmd+q and is gone. At least in my case.

Looks to me that somehow the flash plugin still runs in the background and eats performance even when its browser windows was closed. I hope Adobe gets its act together and does somethhing about Flash on the Mac.

I mean, I can watch an avi video streaming from my NAS without significant warming up, but come on, some blurry video from youtube bogs down the machine?

Madness :)

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
try resetting your PRAM, if that doesn't work..

go delete any safari prefs you have in home/library/preferences ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.