MBA Rev.B, how much faster with new SATA HDD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Roberto Alvarez, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Hi,

I am wondering... is there any improvement with the new 120GB SATA disk drive than the 80GB PATA? Knowing that both still run at 4200rpm :confused:

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I don't think anyone has one yet. I'm sure in the next few days we should find out.

3. michaeldavid macrumors newbie

My order status for a rev b. 1.8ghz but with the sata HDD 120gb hard drive to be delivered to the US says: ships Dec 10th, Delivered Dec 15th.... I REALLY hope it ships earlier

4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

What he said. We'd all like to know but no shippy - no worky..

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is right where I go ape ****! I'm fairly convinced that this is deliberate on Apple's part. I think I'll concede if these aren't shipping by 12/10, 30 days later than Apple promised originally, and then I'll cave and buy the SSD model ... which I am certain is their goal in holding off on the HDD models.

6. michaeldavid macrumors newbie

haha true.. It almost worked on me, I caved and called in to upgrade the drive to SSD when I got fed up from the date but they wouldn't give me the friends and family discount on the SSD unless I cancelled the order and remade it but I didn't want to bother my friend that works at Apple again and came to my senses.