MBA rev B noisy but cool?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by guidoverduci, Jul 10, 2009.

1. guidoverduci macrumors member

I just got a MBA Rev B HDD and it is awesome! However the fans are always running around 6200. I installed coolbook, smcfancontrol, and istat and everything is set to default cause I have no idea how to use them. They all indicate that the CPU is 45-50c, which I thought was pretty good. But the fan is always at 6200.... any ideas?

2. guidoverduci thread starter macrumors member

after turning off the MBA and then restarting the fans are at 3000 (smcfancontrol) then after 3 minutes of youtube, they are back to 6200 and temp was 72. Stopped the video, temps went down to 40-45, but fans stayed at 6200!! Also, what's acceptable as far as heat goes? 72c after 3 minutes of youtube seems hot!

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

youtube uses flash. flash uses a lot of cpu cycles. it'll make the system very hot.

4. guidoverduci thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply. How hot is too hot? and for how long? I played a movie off of my external HD, the CPU stayed around 50, but the fans still kicked up to 6200.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

The fan runs depending on the GPU/Ambient temperature. Anything under 100 deg C is fine.

6. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

The Fans kick up with anyflash ad also, My SSD is very quiet and lucked out that the fans only stay at 2500RPM most of the time.