MBA revA and Superdrive or Macbook Unibody

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chefhow, Feb 27, 2009.

1. chefhow macrumors newbie

Hi all, since they are roughly the same price refurbed and they are going to be used for a little bit of business but mostly home use which would you go with? Im not sure about the RevA from what I have read on here with the glitches in the video cards. What kind of experience do you all have, I am going to order this today and its my first Apple with the exception of my iPhone. Thanks in advance for helping out a NooB :D

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I would stay away from the rev. A, The macbook unibody is an awesome notebook which can probably handle whatever you throw at it. I would go with that.

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Stay away from the Rev. A unless you get it a lot cheaper than $999. The Macbook Unibody is a much better buy and is a lot more powerful.

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I agree with others. The last thing you need is to pay good money for a seriously limited and problematic original MBA.

Definitely will get a worry free powerful computer in the unibody MacBook.

Best wishes with your new Mac.

5. EB66 macrumors 6502

if this is going to be your sole computer or your only mac then definitely get the Unibody Macbook

Rev A's have a lot of problems

6. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Since you're planning on using it for home and business use, you should get the Unibody MB. The Air is more of a secondary computer. Getting a MBA with a SuperDrive will take away your only USB port. Plus the MB is more powerful. They're both great computers, but the MB is actually the better buy.

7. chefhow thread starter macrumors newbie

What kind of problems have the Rev A been having other than the lack of video power? The reason I ask is because this is a second home/business computer but the 1st Mac in the house. Once the PC we have dies(hopefully soon) we are going to buy an iMac for the house.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...isn't the new uni-body MB a revA product as well...

The MBA's have been out longer so the issues are known...you may want to wait on the MB for a little bit as well... just my $0.02.

9. cb31 macrumors member

I'd go for the macbook unless you need absolute portability. Newer and more powerful.

10. OnceBitten macrumors member

MB, stay away from A.
    problems, overheating,core shut down, fans max.