MBA screen looks amazing after upgrade

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by justinf77, Oct 15, 2013.

1. justinf77 macrumors 6502

After upgrading my 2013 MBA to Mavericks, I was really surprised to see that my screen now looks much better than it did in Mountain Lion. The colors seem to pop in a way they didn't before, especially the icons on the dock. They must have adjusted the default color profile.

Has anybody else noticed such a significant improvement?

2. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I've noticed that the transitions between Mission Control, for example, is much smoother then before.

- Kyle

3. Daniel L macrumors 6502

There's a new color profile for sure. I had to readjust the color profile after installation of the GM.

4. hypervish89 macrumors regular

I hope that's true.

Since the colors on my 2013 MBA suck in ML. I've been using another color profile that a MR member posted.

5. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Here's an example of the color difference:

Attached Files:

6. bwat47 macrumors regular

Personally I think the new profile is a bit over-saturated, but its not so bad that I'm going to bother trying to change it.

7. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I agree. It's not bad enough that I will be changing it. And honestly, on my Late '08 Alum MacBook Mavericks looks a lot better then Mountain Lion does on the same machine.

8. mbdownunder macrumors newbie

mbdownunder

Yes! I noticed it right away. The Firefox and Chrome icons in the dock look very vivid. I like it. It seems to more closely match the iPhone 5 screen now.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

For most people, it looks more vivid but not to the point that it's extreme. For professionals who calibrate their displays, it makes absolutely zero difference since the color profile will be changed regardless of under or over saturation.