MBA Screen not "straight"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ghjuva, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ghjuva macrumors newbie

Hello,

First, I apologize for the poor quality of my english.

I bought a refurbished MBA (1.6 HD) and I noticed that the screen does not seems straight (especially lower part of the LCD).

I mean that between bezel and the first pixel line of the desktop image you have a little black framind the desktop omage.

This little black line is horizintally (below deskyop image) 0.5 mm thicker right side than left side. On top it is inverted

But vertical left and right side seems "equal"

It seems like icd was screwed "crush".

Does s.o. notice something like this.

Thanks

2. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

3. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Something isn't right with these MBA hinges. If you can - get it looked at by a Mac Genius. Tell us how it goes.

F

4. ghjuva thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello,

It is no a hinge trouble It is rather related to the image which seem to tip up.

Thie thickness of the little black frame between bezel and LCD pixels is not the same all around (luke a picture frame on the wall wich tip up).

5. mshaf macrumors member

Mine doesnt have that issue either. send it back.

6. ghjuva thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a refurbished Macbook. I have it since 1 month and half. I phone to Apple and make it repair is the only solution.

MBE seems to be a "fragile" machine and I am a bit afraid to get back a MBA in a worse condition after (bezel or above all hinge) :)

7. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

All products sold by apple, including refurbs, should be in perfect condition. If they are returned the problem should be fixed before it is sold again in the refurb store. Do not be afraid to take it back and ask for repair or replacement.

8. ghjuva thread starter macrumors newbie