mba screen vs mbp or umb from viewing angle and color prospective

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GadgetGeek407, Jun 18, 2009.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I have used mba 80gb 64ssd and used unibody macbook and white macbook. I see lots of discussion here about the screen on MBA being one of the best out of the entire line up of macs....where can i notice this? is it video playing is it the screen colors? looking at it from the side?

I know lots of people talk about the new MBP screen being too glossy, isnt it the same glossy as the air? One guy on a thread on here showed pics of his old air vs the new and screen color on new was like dull but if you didnt compare it to that old one it would look just fine....

How does one go about knowing he has a good screen or is it just a matter of preference? cause LINES i can understand but colors maybe not

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

It's all about preferences...

The unibody MBs and new MBPs use real glass, so they are super glassy glossy. They look great for video playback in low light settings. The MBAs have a plastic cover, and they're glossy not glassy. A nice MBA display blows away the MBP displays in all ways except video playback in a dark room (that's my observation anyways). Overall, I will take the MBA display for working and normal observation of, and it's wonderful for video playback. From angles, it's great... the blacks are as dark as a black hole... and the colors are vibrant.

Many of the MBA displays have small lines visible usually when closer than normal viewing distance (around 4"). However, there are some really bad ones that have lines visible from normal viewing distances. The lines are horizontal and appear on white or light backgrounds. I would advise you to look at the MBA display for the colors and darks, and if you don't see the lines from normal viewing distance, forget about it and love the MBA. If by chance you get a bad one, you could return it and hope for a better one on your second try.

Good luck...