MBA screen vs MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by imaginex20, Apr 7, 2011.

1. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Hi guys, I just received my 13" MBA and I am noticing the screen colors are way off compared to my 2011 13" MBP. I have spent a couple hours trying to calibrate it and I cannot get to get anywhere near the colors that my MBP screen is producing. Kinda disappointed, although I am loving the screen resolution. I wish the MBP had this resolution.

Otherwise, this MBA kicks ass!

2. HiddenGem macrumors member

I reluctantly returned my MBA for same issue you are having. Even my 2007 MBP 15" had better colours.

3. HiddenGem macrumors member

The screen colours felt like a backward step from what I had, despite the higher resolution.

4. ecib macrumors regular

ecib

I have a new 13" MBA and just bought my girlfriend a new 13" MBP. There is absolutely no question that colors look far better on the MBP than the MBA. They completely pop. Obv the MBA has a better resolution, but there is no comparing the colors imo.

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Trying to manually calibrate the colors is a waste of time. You need to use a hardware/software calibrator like the Datacolor SpyderPro3 or Xrite i2 product to do this. Once you calibrate this way the colors are pretty good. The MBP might be a little better but both the MBP and MBA are inferior to an IPS display like on the iMac.

I don't think the MBA display is significantly worse than the MBP. I just returned a new MBP and moved to the MBA 13" for portability. And one of my primary uses for it is editing photos in Lightroom and Aperture.