MBA Sleuth Needed in Vancover, WA

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by whenders0n, Jun 23, 2008.

1. whenders0n macrumors member

Ok...I know this is a long shot but...

A few weeks ago my MBA was stolen from my home in Porltland, OR. I was leaving in a couple weeks to move down to SF, so I couldn't really do much about it and I pretty much gave up.

However, I've been watching craigslist and today one showed up - MBA with no box, no power chord. Suspicious, no? I called and asked what software was on it. He didn't know. Only that it was a standard config, and nothing came with it.

So it's almost definitely stolen. The question is, is it mine? I can't imagine there are that many stolen MBA's in the area yet. 15? Maybe 20?

So I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if there is some brave soul in Vancover who would be willing to call this guy and arrange to meet so you can check the serial number. If its a match, I can involve the cops but until then I have no case. Or maybe someone here who has dealt with such things has a better idea on how to proceed?

Best,

wc

2. whenders0n thread starter macrumors member

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why not make up some story about knowing there was a defect in MBAs when first released affecting only a range of serial numbers. Ask him for the full number and if he says no, then ask him for say the last 6. That'll be close enough to call it, I think.