MBA specs in store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by smashie, Jun 11, 2013.

1. smashie macrumors regular

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the specs instore are? I would rather

but instore than wait for delivery but i know stores only carry certain configs.

I phoned my local store but they had not received their delivery yet but were

hoping for one later today. Ideally i would like 11" i7/8GB/256 or 512 :D

2. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

My advice, buy what you need, not what's on the shelf.

3. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

or, if what you want to buy is on the shelf, buy it.

i have noticed ultimate, and low end models are the most common.

4. smashie thread starter macrumors regular

I will but if what i need is in store then thats where i will buy from. If they don't

stock i7 with 8GB and at least 256gb then i'll buy online, but if they do then

buying from a store is the better option for me

5. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

also check out macmall. not apple store i know but good price.

6. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

you can customize and have it shipped to your local store as well as clearly what's going on here is either impatience or wife-avoidance ;):p:D

7. smashie thread starter macrumors regular

A bit of both but mainly impatience :p I live in the UK and we don't have the

option to ship to store :( As Cicatrix mentioned the stores usually have the high

end spec so i7/8GB/512GB should be available. Apple delivery in UK is a pain

and if i can avoid that and get the spec i want then thats always my first option

8. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

haha - good luck to you then!

9. Bear macrumors G3

Besides the base configurations as seen on the Apple store web site, you can sometimes gte a "Ultimate" configuration available at Apple stores. for a MBA (IF it is available) the Ultimate would probably be 8GB, 1.7GHz i7 and 512GB SSD. This is based on previous ultimate configurations I have seen at Apple stores. It could be different from my guess or your local Apple store may not get any Ultimate configurations.

Ordering custom configs from third party stores can have a long wait.

10. jetlagged macrumors 6502

lol, thats what i was thinking. i dont want my wife to find out. i just bought a macbook air 2012 last year, and so far i'm liking the new specs of the macbook air 2013.

11. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Our Apple store has yet to stock an Ultimate iMac, or frankly, any iMac with a 3TB fusion drive.

Would be interested in seeing if they will/are still stocking ultimate laptops.

12. mattferg macrumors 6502

I think they only have the 4 base configs in store, so no processor or RAM upgrades.

13. ApplNat macrumors member

ApplNat

I wanted to have my new Macbook Air shipped to my local Apple retail store but there was no option for that on the order screen, so instead I have to have it shipped to my office. I called Apple and they said it would screw up my order if I attempted to have my macbook shipped to the store myself (i.e. putting the store as my delivery address). So that was that. :confused:

14. cdames00 macrumors member

cdames00

I picked up mine tonight in store and they were carrying the 4 stock builds and the 2 maxed out versions.

15. smashie thread starter macrumors regular

That is interesting, i just spoke to a guy at my local store and he said they

were only getting the i5 and not the i7. He said the only way to get to i7 was

to order a custom build online :confused:

16. goldhunter macrumors newbie

Looking at what you need, the in-store items is not going to satisfy you. I'm suggesting you should shop online and get them to deliver to your house or you can pick one up from your local store.

17. wysiwyg1972 macrumors member

I picked up the 13" maxed out version in Toronto at Eaton's centre location yesterday.