MBA specs in store?

smashie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the specs instore are? I would rather

but instore than wait for delivery but i know stores only carry certain configs.

I phoned my local store but they had not received their delivery yet but were

hoping for one later today. Ideally i would like 11" i7/8GB/256 or 512 :D

smashie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
My advice, buy what you need, not what's on the shelf.
I will but if what i need is in store then thats where i will buy from. If they don't

stock i7 with 8GB and at least 256gb then i'll buy online, but if they do then

buying from a store is the better option for me

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
you can customize and have it shipped to your local store as well as clearly what's going on here is either impatience or wife-avoidance ;):p:D

smashie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
you can customize and have it shipped to your local store as well as clearly what's going on here is either impatience or wife-avoidance ;):p:D
A bit of both but mainly impatience :p I live in the UK and we don't have the

option to ship to store :( As Cicatrix mentioned the stores usually have the high

end spec so i7/8GB/512GB should be available. Apple delivery in UK is a pain

and if i can avoid that and get the spec i want then thats always my first option

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
A bit of both but mainly impatience :p I live in the UK and we don't have the

option to ship to store :( As Cicatrix mentioned the stores usually have the high

end spec so i7/8GB/512GB should be available. Apple delivery in UK is a pain

and if i can avoid that and get the spec i want then thats always my first option
haha - good luck to you then!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I will but if what i need is in store then thats where i will buy from. If they don't

stock i7 with 8GB and at least 256gb then i'll buy online, but if they do then

buying from a store is the better option for me
Besides the base configurations as seen on the Apple store web site, you can sometimes gte a "Ultimate" configuration available at Apple stores. for a MBA (IF it is available) the Ultimate would probably be 8GB, 1.7GHz i7 and 512GB SSD. This is based on previous ultimate configurations I have seen at Apple stores. It could be different from my guess or your local Apple store may not get any Ultimate configurations.

also check out macmall. not apple store i know but good price.
Ordering custom configs from third party stores can have a long wait.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
lol, thats what i was thinking. i dont want my wife to find out. i just bought a macbook air 2012 last year, and so far i'm liking the new specs of the macbook air 2013.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Our Apple store has yet to stock an Ultimate iMac, or frankly, any iMac with a 3TB fusion drive.

Would be interested in seeing if they will/are still stocking ultimate laptops.

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the specs instore are? I would rather

but instore than wait for delivery but i know stores only carry certain configs.

I phoned my local store but they had not received their delivery yet but were

hoping for one later today. Ideally i would like 11" i7/8GB/256 or 512 :D
I think they only have the 4 base configs in store, so no processor or RAM upgrades.

ApplNat

macrumors member
May 18, 2013
I wanted to have my new Macbook Air shipped to my local Apple retail store but there was no option for that on the order screen, so instead I have to have it shipped to my office. I called Apple and they said it would screw up my order if I attempted to have my macbook shipped to the store myself (i.e. putting the store as my delivery address). So that was that. :confused:

cdames00

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2012
I picked up mine tonight in store and they were carrying the 4 stock builds and the 2 maxed out versions.

smashie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I picked up mine tonight in store and they were carrying the 4 stock builds and the 2 maxed out versions.
That is interesting, i just spoke to a guy at my local store and he said they

were only getting the i5 and not the i7. He said the only way to get to i7 was

to order a custom build online :confused:

goldhunter

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Looking at what you need, the in-store items is not going to satisfy you. I'm suggesting you should shop online and get them to deliver to your house or you can pick one up from your local store.