Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlbrown23

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2007
I don't have an exact time, but I can tell you the HD version of the Air is no speed demon on boot times(slower than my year old MacBook for sure, and that took ~30-40 secs). If you are looking for a speed demon the Air isn't for you - but to me the respectable(if not blazing fast) speed is well worth it for the portability. Outside of the boot time, I haven't noticed any speed problems. Most of the time my Air is in sleep mode, so it is up to speed within seconds of opening it.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I'm sorry but with 4GB of ram the power-on hardware test takes this long. There is no way a MacBook boots from power off to login in 10 seconds.

Well it did, I can't explain why. In all the Macs I've used, the more ram, the faster the boot (power button to log in), not slower. The hardware test does take place but it doesn't run through every single memory address.

Kinetic

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
NC
i was wondering the same thing. i normally have shut mine down but since one poster mentioned they just put it to sleep, i've been doing the same thing and it is great.

I hardly ever shut it down and just let it sleep. It's really nice that way and really quick to start back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.