MBA Still Warm when sleeping

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by krogers34, Jul 15, 2012.

1. krogers34 macrumors member

I've had my 2011 baseline MBA 13" since launch and recently it started doing something weird. It had never done this before, but now when sometimes when I leave it plugged, shut and sleeping it gets warm. Nothing is running since it is sleeping so I do not know what it would be getting warm. The only thing that is really happening is the battery is charging, but this didn't happen in the past when it was sleeping and charging so I am not sure that is it. It's isn't that it is warm right when I close it, but it will still be warm 2 hours after I walk away. Any help would be great.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. calvol macrumors 6502a

It's happened to me a couple of times when I was streaming video, closed the machine, and the streaming process did not shut down. Opened my backpack a few hours later, and my battery was nearly drained. Now I shut down streaming apps before I put the machine to sleep and all is ok.

4. Isira macrumors newbie

Would you happen to have Google Chrome installed? I personally found that Google Chrome was preventing my MBA from sleeping under OS X Lion.