MBA to MBP and now back to MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by auser1, Sep 8, 2008.

  1. auser1 macrumors member

    Feb 7, 2008
    i got the mba the first day it came out.then i had it exchanged a month later due to core shutdown issues. it was great but it would get slow when watching videos after a long time and i use vw fusion with xp and it would just get slow so i decided to sell it and now i have the mbp and i love it but it is so BIG!!! i dont know what to do should i return it for a mba again? or should i keep it. i like how i could carry the mba everywhere it was so portable and the mbp is not. what should i do. any ideas?
  2. MBA-MD macrumors member

    May 27, 2008
    This is my opinion so take it for what is worth.

    I was one of the first ones to buy the MBA. in fact I had to wait four weeks on the wait list. I am having exactly what you described, core shutdowns, slow as **** and an array of other problems. I would stick with the MBP if it's working great. I know it's a little large and that is the reason why I held back, but if performance is good, it's worth it.

    I hate to say it but MBA was a blunder.
  3. thechidz macrumors 68000


    Jul 25, 2007
    New York City
    get a macbook
  4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

    NC MacGuy

    Feb 9, 2005
    The good side of the grass.
    I don't use windows on mine. Running all OSX I've never had a core shutdown and only real problem I have is Flash does make system run hotter than expected but it also does that on all my OSX machines.
  5. ercanbas macrumors regular

    Feb 15, 2008
    I am in the same boat as you. I have a Macbook Air and although I do love it, I am getting tired of having issues that a $1,800 laptop should never have. I am thinking about switching to a 15inch Pro. I thought I would be okay with what it can and couldn't do but overall, I'd rather have more power, even if I don't need it all the time. The Macbook Pro has the same footprint as the Air, granted you purchase the 15 inch. As far as the Pro, yeah it's heavier, but you're comparing it to the Air, compare it to other manufacturer laptops with that kind of power and the Pro is lighter.
  6. svgeek macrumors newbie

    Mar 6, 2008
    Get a MacBook.

    I upgraded to an MBP from a MB and am thinking of an MBA as a "spare" system to lug around when I'm traveling. But an MB is looking more attractive (cheaper and more powerful esp. with Parallels). Unfortunately, the MB is only slightly lighter than an MBP.

    So I'm still trying to decide.
  7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3


    Aug 19, 2008
    The Anthropocene
    As others said above, I vote you split the difference and get a MacBook. Sounds like you don't need nearly the power of the MBP anyway, so might as well go for the smaller form factor without worrying about your previous issues with the MBA.

Share This Page