MBA Trackpad Recessed In?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by madsci954, May 26, 2012.

1. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I just noticed the trackpad of my MBA seems like it has recessed in a little bit. When I click on it, the click sound is not as loud as it used to be, and the top 1 inch part of the trackpad is un-clickable. Meaning, if I try to click in the area, it's like I'm just pressing on the MBA's surface.

There is no other issue with it, all the gestures work fine and it still clicks and right-clicks outside of that 1 inch dead zone. If it's normal, I figured I just never noticed it before.

It's a 2011 MBA that was bought brand new from my local Apple Store about 2 months ago.

2. rpmucha23 macrumors newbie

Mine is also slightly recessed, and the top 1/4 inch is not clickable (1/4" - 1/2" down requires a heavy press, past 3/4" is normal). I would attribute it to the trackpad being hinged/secured at the top (my guess), similar to how the Magic Trackpad is harder to click if you try to click it at the top vs bottom.

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My entire trackpad is recessed and the clicks were never loud.

As for the top, the top is the hinge for the trackpad click button so it's like tapping your table.

6. thewoz macrumors member

You need a girlfriend.

7. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

common issue with these it seems. Mine was recessed after about a month or two in spots.
    I took it to get adjusted and now some parts are flush and some stick up. I give up and learned to just deal with it as best I can.