MBA Vista HP, cannot update to 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gotzero, Oct 19, 2008.

1. gotzero macrumors 68040

I found the below on the Apple support forums and it had not been replied to. I cannot install the Boot Camp 2.1 update automatically or manually, and not knowing much about windows, cannot find anywhere where the "error" is detailed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

"I read your post and was wondering if you can assist with this:
    I am running Vista Home Premium Edition on my MacBook, using BootCamp 2.0. Surprisingly it is running quite well. However, I am not getting any sound coming through on my headset.
    I went back to the Apple site and downloaded BootCamp 2.1 for Vista to see if that will fix the problem.
    However, I am not sure how to run the update. I opened up the folder BCUpdateVista21.exe and there are two files in there:

BCLocUpdateEnable.exe and
    BCUpdateVista32.msp
    Am I supposed to copy those files to the Windows partition and then run the BCLocUpdateEnable.exe? Will it run and just update my partition? I don’t want to lose the settings that I have got or my partition? It took me a good long while to create the partition and install Windows and set it up the way I like it.
    If you have any experience with this type of update and also have experienced the problem with the sound I would be grateful to get any advice.

Thanks"

2. gotzero thread starter macrumors 68040

I have been shopping this one around to Windows deities locally, who have all been stumped. Anyone?

All of the apple support questions regarding this have gone unanswered...

I would really like to be able to get boot camp updates so some basic features will begin working correctly.