MBA vs Rmbp now, or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjb59463, Jul 7, 2013.

  1. mjb59463, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013

    mjb59463 macrumors 6502

    Jan 10, 2012
    Hey everyone,
    I'm in the process of upgrading my laptop, and am deciding between the MBA 13 inch, or the rmbp 13 inch. It's my gift to myself for graduating from college and I plan to use it as my personal computer. I'm moving from a 2008 MBP.

    I require a large hard drive, I have a 319 GB ( size according to the get info right click option) hard drive in my computer now, and it is almost full, so I'm thinking at least 500, but the 768 gb option in the pro retina is very enticing to me.

    The Air is appealing to me because of its form factor and portability, but without significant hard drive space as well, and the battery life with haswell is quite

    Another choice is to wait for the haswell rmbp. I suppose I could live with my current machine for a while longer, but I don't want to be waiting until October or November. At the same time, I don't want the machine I purchase to be something that receives a significant upgrade just a few months later.

    I also went into the Apple Store to browse and ended up applying for financing just to see what limit Barclaycard would give me. Will the offer for 0% interest still stand if I don't make a purchase for a few months?

    How have you all approached the rmbp vs air vs waiting, and are you happy with your decisions? What setups do you have, and what would you recommend?

    Please let me know, I can use all the input I can get regarding this expensive purchase.
  2. rabidz7 macrumors 65816


    Jun 24, 2012
    I would get a 15" cMBP, you don't want to be crippled by integrated GPUs and 8GB of RAM. I would also wait for the next model.
    What ever you do, don't get a MBA or retina with 4 or 8GB of RAM.

    I would rate the laptops: MBA>13" rMBP>13" cMBP>15" cMBP>15" rMBP

Share This Page