MBA won't detect any bluetooth device

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by uridi0t, Apr 5, 2012.

1. uridi0t macrumors newbie

My MBA is Year 2008 model under Apple Care Protection. The display and HDD were replaced by Apple Authorized Service Provider last week and I just got it back from them on 5 April 2012.

After I took it back home, I found that the MBA can't locate any bluetooth device and my mobile also can't find the MBA (both devices are in discoverable mode).

The bluetooth of the MBA was working properly before being serviced. I restored backup from Time Machine (Lion 10.7) but MBA can't find bluetooth device. I also performed a clean install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.8 but still can't find any bluetooth device.

Here is the problem, the Apple Care Protection will expire on 9 April 2012 whilst it's public holiday from 6 April 2012 to 9 April 2012 and the Apple Authorized Service Provider won't open for business until 10 April 2012.

Is there any way to solve the bluetooth issue or self testing program can test the bluetooth chipset?

According to Apple Care Protection policy, can I request Apple to check and repair the bluetooth issue without charging fee since it was working before being serviced by them? Thanks!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You can phone and make an appointment with them tomorrow, I'm pretty sure they are open Saturday, just not today and Monday. Sounds like they left a connector loose.

3. uridi0t thread starter macrumors newbie

Ouch, forgot to mention that I am from Hong Kong and it is public holiday from today til 9 April in HK.