MBA Won't wake up

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by fortytwoeleven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. fortytwoeleven macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2012
    I have had a search and this problem is common but there seems to be no firm solution?

The other week I noticed my MBA screen went black while I was looking at some Camera Raw files in preview (pushed space bar on a thumbnail .. used arrow keys to navigate left and right)

I put the computer down and didn't worry about it till the morning.
    I have to do a PRRAM and Reset the SMC multiple times and then it finally woke back up.

this problem keeps happening every other day, there is nothing that really triggers it.

But I believe it has some connection to using large files(100mb images) and having programs like photoshop open.

I tend to walk away and once the MBA screen goes black after 20 mins or whatever it doesn't wake up. I can only assume this has something to do with memory and how the MBA must write data to the hard drive before sleeping?

I have since done a fresh format with really nothing installed and it does the same thing. (even before I had any programs installed)

Any advice on how to fix this?

Yosmite 10.10.3
    MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    128 Flash storage
    8GB Ram
  2. fortytwoeleven thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2012
    For anyone that finds this on google.
    The problem was solved by apple replacing the Logic Board and Battery under their quality warrantee