MBA11 Owners: Do you use a tablet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kkel19, Feb 15, 2012.

?

MBA11 Owners: Do you also own and use a tablet?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  1. kkel19 macrumors member

I have a MBA11, but my gf has been using a touchpad. I am so tempted to get a tablet, specifically a 7' tablet. I feel like 8hrs of battery is great, and the websurfing. However, I feel like I would be kind of wasting money. Just wondering if anyones been in my situation...having a 11 inch MBA, but also have a tablet? What are your opinions?

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

- Tablets are easier to hold on a couch or in bed
    - 10 hours of battery versus 3 or so on a MacBook Air 11
    - More fun to play games on tablet versus the 11 inch MBA (like angry birds)
    - Better to read books on iPad as well

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hi there :) What do you use your MacBook Air for?

4. kkel19 thread starter macrumors member

i use it for going online now really. I use it when I go to starbucks every now and then...thats pretty much it. Ever since I got a main gaming desktop, I rarely use my macbook air..except when I am in the family room or in the kitchen. i do know the MBA is more productive...but the 8hour battery and the ~300 price tag on that samsung galaxy 7.0 plus is very very enticing right now..

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

My MBA replaced my iPad. It was just lacking in so many ways. MBA has been incredible!

6. kkel19 thread starter macrumors member

thats true...I guess I'll save my 350 bucks and use it on something else...I guess its just one of those impulse buy things...my mba hasnt failed me so I'll stick with it. Thanks!

7. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

I replaced my iPad 2 for a MBA 13" so much more prefer as my iPhone 4S could do all that my iPad 2 did, just weeks after buying the iPad i realised i didnt need it, the iMac sits on the desk for power and the MBA comes with me :)

8. superstarmc macrumors regular

9. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

10. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Use them both heavily everyday for business and pleasure. Both are very good tools, each having different features that I need and want depending on the tasks at hand. They compliment each other perfectly.

11. shootingstar64 macrumors regular

shootingstar64

THIS!!!

in my case, the ipad doubles as a secondary monitor when needed - using "AirDisplay App" as seen in my setup pic!

works like a charm!

[​IMG]

12. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I got an ipad before i got an 11 inch air. i thought it would always fill my needs. then one day i picked up an 11 inch air on a spur of the moment. i hardly ever used my ipad after that. I always used the air instead. It felt more complete and less restricted. I still have my tablet for ipad games, but its mostly a gaming / email machine now. The 11 inch air is better in every way to me.

13. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

happened the exact same thing to me a while ago. since i have my 11 air'' havent touched the iPad much now besides for reading :D

now if the air had the iPad 10 hour battery life, now that would be the perfect device :D

14. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I agree. I just switched back from a 13" MBA to an 11" MBA, but still keep my iPad 2 around for taking to work or traveling since its battery lasts 3X longer than the 11" MBA.

15. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

Agreed! I'm doing that right now. However, even without AirDisplay, the iPad can work as defacto 2nd screen. I often use the iPad to read and the air to take notes.

16. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I sold my iPad shortly after getting my MBA 11". I've got my iPhone for surfing on the go, my MBA for portable needs, and my desktop for bigger things.

17. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Sold my iPad 2 and put the money toward an 11in :D

Might go up to a 13in and go iPad 3 just for kicks though. But to be honest, I find as much redundancy in having an iPhone and iPad as I do with having an MBA and an iPad. So who knows.

18. glen e macrumors 68030

If money is tight then the all in one is an MBA...but the two are not used for the same thing...For travel, ESP business travel , an iPad is far better.