MBA2 - 13 - How's the fan noise under flash, etc?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wildjohn999, Oct 21, 2010.

1. wildjohn999 macrumors member

For all of you who got your MBA2 13's how is the fan noise and heat under the usual suspects like Flash, Quicktime, and javascript heavy pages?

Like the MBA1, does the heat go from 49C to 81C? Also, does the fan run really loud, all the time, and what is the RPMs?

Please let us MBA1 owners know when you get a chance. Thanks.

2. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Comparisons to the MBP would also be appreciated :)

3. YOKOJP macrumors member

Quote from Macworld

"I did try to watch some video on this Air—typically a major MacBook Air bugaboo. I was able to stream an episode of Terriers from Hulu without incident. The episode played without getting all jumpy and dropping frames (a typical symptom of an overheated and struggling MacBook Air in the past). The Air definitely heated up when the video was playing, and its fan kicked in—though honestly, I had to almost place my ear against the back hinge before I could actually hear it. Playing H.264 video was much smoother than I’ve experienced on prior Air models as well—again, presumably because of that Nvidia graphics processor."

http://www.macworld.com/article/155067/2010/10/firstlook_10inch_air.html