mbookpro speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chafka, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Chafka macrumors member

Just got my new (2011) macbook pro and as I was loading it up with my stuff I decided to play some music through Itunes. I noticed that the right speaker was louder than the left (even had my son to a hearing test and he agreed). Other than the balance setting in System Preferences is there any other location to adjust speaker volumes? I just want to make sure I cover my bases before I make a genius appointment. One other thing - are the internal speakers supposed to have good quality? These don't sound all that good - I just am wondering if I am expecting too much.

thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're certainly limited, as all notebook speakers are. They should, however, have balanced volume. If you get the balance issue resolved, Boom will help you add some volume to them. It won't add so much that you risk blowing speakers, but it sure makes a difference!

3. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Did you get a 13"? The 15" has a lot better quality and bass than the 13" in my opinion. But the speakers on a 13" might not be on both sides of the laptop (if that makes sense)

4. Chafka thread starter macrumors member

It's the 15" 2.2 hi res. I see there are "speaker grills" on both sides of the keyboard. Which, as another aside - this keyboard is very nice - my old 2.33 c2d had the silver keys and I had a hard time seeing the letters unless the backlight was turned up all the way.

5. nunes013, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011

nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

6. Chafka thread starter macrumors member

Cool (well, not really). Thanks for that - I can't figure out why my searches didn't find that. I guess I can refrain from bringing it in then. To be honest, I didn't have the time anyway LOL.

Thanks again!

7. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

np. i tested mine when i found that thread but didnt realize they put the sub in until after my model:D.