Mbox 2 Pro on '11 MBP |Please Help|

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by PAPO, Mar 10, 2011.

1. PAPO, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

PAPO macrumors 6502

ok so I was happy to finally install Pro Tools (I'd had issues installing it on my previous machine) and it all went well but it won't recognise my Mbox 2 Pro and since I am still using Pro Tools 8 (which requires hardware to be connected at all times) it won't even start up

I have followed the steps where I do some stuff in the Mbox 2 Pro firmware folder; which failed. then I installed the drivers on a PC and connected it which seemed to work (the light on it stayed solid rather than flashing when it was plugged in) but when I went back to my MBP it still wasn't working so I did some more skimming of the Avid website and found this article:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207933

surely this cant be right, is there any way around it, the only FW drives I have are an 800 drive and a 400 drive with no chain out

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Did you download the free upgrade to PT 8.0.4? I have an Mbox 2 Pro hooked up to a new MBP using a FW 400-800 cable, and it worked fine after I upgraded PT to 8.04. I didn't have to do any "stuff in the firmware folder" (what exactly did you do, anyway?).

3. a1rflow macrumors member

I would suggest trying to reinstall CoreAudio drivers. Also look into the latest firmware for PT 8, which I believe is now 8.0.5.

4. PAPO thread starter macrumors 6502

well because I only just installed it from the disc I've had for ages it's 8.0 and because it's not recognising my hardware it wont open so I can't update it, any ideas???

5. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

You can't update PT from within the program anyway. The update is on Digi's (or Avid's, I guess) site:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=393663

A1rflow was right, it's 8.0.5 now. Just click "View Available Downloads", download, install, and reboot.

6. PAPO, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

PAPO thread starter macrumors 6502

but 'cause it never installed properly I never registered it properly so I don't think I can update but I'll give it another go.

EDIT: ok the updates seem to download fine, it used to be that you needed to register to get them so I'm downloading them now

but I did have an idea, if I put my old MBP into target disc mode can I use it's ports from my new machine???