Mbox Mail for Mac: Any alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mikegs, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mikegs macrumors regular

Hi guys

I want to add IMAP feature to my hotmail account in Mac Mail. Mbox Mail for Mac can do this, but costs $20. Anyone know if there are alternatives, preferably free ones.

I want the ability to sync with the server when deleting mails, use multiple folders etc etc. Everything should sync to the server so i don't have to delete mails first on the desktop, then the laptop, then the iphone etc

Thanks alot

PS: No, I won't just switch to Gmail :)

2. brandscill macrumors 6502

I've used Mbox Mail for mac for nearly a month now (just got my trial expiration email)

To be honest, if it wasn't for the trial I wouldn't be so pushed to buy it, amazing piece of software that solves many a headache.

I think I will splash out the $20. I have emailed them a few questions though such as is it going to be updated to 64bit, and is there going to be future development?

Last version was from october 2009

I haven't found any other programs to do the same job, and since it's so rock solid it's probably worth the asking price

3. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Are you sure mac mail won't accept live mail? I know that the iOS version now does, seems strange they wouldn't also allow it for OSX :confused:

4. brandscill macrumors 6502