Mbox Mail for Mac worth $19?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Satnam1989, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Satnam1989, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011

Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Hey I have all my Gmail and Yahoo accounts up in mail and working 100%, My last primary account is my Hotmail one......since i don't want pop3 and only other option is to use browser....is mbox Mail for mac worth $19?

2. tbln macrumors newbie

I use it for my livemail account and it works well for IMAP settings using mac mail or outlook. Their support is crappy though and it took them about a month to update the app to work with Lion. Everything works like a charm now though. Just FYI, it does take maybe 5 min longer to receive the mail compared to a direct connection or logging into your inbox using your browser.

3. hafr macrumors 68030

I figured I'd use this old thread instead of starting a new...

My Hotmail account doesn't sync more than once, in order to receive new e-mails I need to restart either the service or the mail application. I've tried Sparrow and Mail.app, same problem with both. I used to think it was just some strange bug, but I've just done a fresh install of Lion and the problem persists...

I can't find anything about it online, more than a handful of people asking if anyone know about a solution to the problem. Does anyone here on MR know what the problem is and how to fix it?