mbox mini versus Mavericks

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by flyinhigh, Jun 29, 2014.

1. flyinhigh macrumors member

Hi. Since moving on to a new computer with Mavericks I've lost the use of my mbox mini. I was running Protools 7.4 on a G5. It met all my needs for home use. I mostly miss the use of my studio speakers that I ran thru the mbox mini.
    I don't need, nor can I afford to buy the latest version of Protools. At home I work on it just with guitar and vocals and edit and produce vocal works for radio. But I do like Protools and it's the app system I know. Any advice on what I could do from here? Can I at least get the mbox to at least run my speakers? Advice appreciated.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Does the mbox show up in Apple's "Audio MIDI Setup" app, in the audio window? It is does then, yes, you can use it with most Mac OS X apps and as the default audio output device. You set this in in the "Audio MIDI Setup" app.

As for PT not working. Try Garage Band. You likely already have GB on the Mac.

3. flyinhigh thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Chris. To be honest I don't know where to look, can't find : Apple's "audio MIDI setup" in the audio window. Your help is appreciated. Tim.