MBP 10.5.8 Unable to detect Airport Express unless in SAFE mode

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fejennings, Aug 24, 2009.

1. fejennings macrumors newbie

Running 10.5.8 with the latest updates to the airport client. iTunes is 8.2.1.

When booting normally, the Airport Utility is unable to detect the Airport Express. The Time Capsule used as the wireless router is found. Other symptoms include iTunes not detecting the Airport Express speakers, the Apple TV, or the iPhone as a remote. I am able to configure the Airport Express by entering the IP address.

When booting into safe mode, the airport utility sees both the Time Capsule and the Airport Express. iTunes also sees the AE speakers, the Apple TV and the iPhone remote.

I have cleared caches, repaired disk permissions, rebooted routers and all the devices. I have removed the Airport from the network preferences and added it back in. I have reapplied the 2.5.8 and Airport updates while in safe mode.
    I have also copied back the System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family...kext file from an earlier backup. I have removed all system and user level startup items.

Any other ideas / suggestions / resolutions?
    Thanks,
    Frank

2. fejennings thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolved removing CheckPoint Secure Client

Tried disabling the CheckPoint Secure Client from starting up.
    Even though all the security policies were disabled, I had to uninstall the software.
    Everything seems to be operating properly now.