MBP 13 (2.53GHz) or MBP 15 (2.66GHz) ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by septi, Feb 16, 2010.

1. septi macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm in a decision to choose either MBP13 with (2.53) or MBP15 (with 2.66).
    Apart from its price, HD capacity, clock speed and offcourse the size, thing that keep bugging me is the graphic card + 9600M GT with 256MB on MBP15, which is not available on MBP13.

My question is, how significant is this "extra" graphic card compare to the one on MBP13 (which is only NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics) ?

I plan to buy and use MBP to learn video and photo editing. Currently I am a PC user and desperately want to switch to Mac. :apple:

septi

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

There will be updates very soon, so you might wanna wait a bit before buying, unless you need the computer today.

3. Jamo12 macrumors regular

Jamo12

I had the exact same problem. I went with the 15" and I sort of regret it and sort of don't regret it. The screen size is nice, but I have not had the need to use the better graphics card yet. Even with my (light) video editing the 9400m has treated me well. If I used image editing my story may be different.

Remember $500 is not a small amount money...

But as was said above me, unless you desperately need your computer now wait for the upgrades that should be happening in the next month or so.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

depends who your talking to... (ie Oprah) :p
    I think down the line you will be happier with the 15" because of the better graphic cards and the computer might last for another year in terms of slowness and software/OS upgrades. My rule is thumb is always but the best you can afford, because it will help in the future.

5. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Wait, if you can. Updates seem near...

Habitus :apple: